Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship is a scholarship that was also known as Maulana Azad National Scholarship in the earlier times. It is a scheme that has been started for all the girl students that belong to minority communities.
It was started with the objective to provide financial support to the girl’s students who are brilliant in academics. Our late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee initiated this scheme on 3 May 2003. The Government funds the scholarship amount of Rs.6,000 to the minor community’s girls students. Nearly 6,00,000 girl students have been benefited due to this act till now with more than Rs.504.20 Crore.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The girl’s students of classes 9 to 12 are eligible to be profited by this scholarship.
- The student must have attained 50% or above marks in their previous class.
- The income of students’ parents should not be 2,00,000 and above.
- Only the girl’s students that belong to the minor communities can apply to avail of the scholarship.
- Only 2 girl students of one family can apply because this is the limit decided by Government.
- The student applying to avail the scholarship should be verified by the school first.
The Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) has developed the online mode of applying the Application Form that makes it easier to students to apply for the scholarship. Students can apply through MAEF Scholarship Portal. They just have to follow these steps :
- Students have to register themselves by filling the registration form.
- Then they have to choose the class they are applying for and fill in all the important information mentioned there.
- Now students will submit their scholarship form.
- The student has to download the verification form by the kink now which have to be verified by the school principal.
- Then filling all the necessary details that are mentioned in the form takes place.
- Now last and final step is to upload the form with all the necessary documents attested with each other.
Followings are the information that a student has to fill in the application form in online mode :
- Name of the student
- Specific Class of applying
- Date of Birth
- Parents’ Name
- Minority Community Certificate
- School’s Name
- School Address
- Mobile number
- And, One Time Password (OTP)
- Parent’s Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Previous class Mark Sheet
- Verification Form of School
- Some Passport Size Photographs
- Details of Bank Account
- Self Declaration of the Minority Community
Key Details About Application
- There is no requirement to send any hard copies to claim the scholarship.
- The students have to upload the documents only in Hindi or English.
- No requirement to submit any kind of application fee.
- Students only have to submit one application form as more than one form will be counted as a duplicate copy.
Application Can Be Cancelled If :
- The scholarship will be cancelled if there is a gap in an academic gap in a student’s schooling year.
- If the form is not submitted at the given time the student cannot claim the scholarship.
- If there is any kind of false information filled in the form then also the scholarship will be cancelled.
The Payment Mode
The payment of the scholarship will be transferred to the students’ bank account as per the guidance of the government. The amount of scholarship for payment of fees, transfer in parents account, and payment through cheques are not permitted in any case.
How To Login To The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Site ?
Step 1 –First step is to visit the official portal website golf Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.
Step 2 – By clicking on the “Login” tab a new page will appear on the screen in which you have to mention your Phone Number.
Step 3 – Now click on the “Send OTP” tab to get OTP (One Time Password) and fill it in the given box.
Step 4 –Fill the Date Of Birth and Captcha Code and push “Login” icon.
Important Terms And Conditions :
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is handed out among students of each state and union territories of India as per the population of minority groups.
- Students with the lowest family income get an advantage of getting selected for the scholarship more often.
- Students that are serviceable and have got this scholarship should not take a transfer to another educational institution. If this transfer is because of some serious and valid reason then only it can be done.
- Students that are already availing of another scholarship are not eligible to get Begum HazratMahal Scholarship.
- If there is any gap in the students’academic year in his/her schooling year then the scholarship will be canceled.
- The policies and rules and regulations are dynamic, therefore they change time by time.
- Can you tell me the last date to apply for Maulana Azad Scholarship?
Ans. The last date for applying for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is 32 October 2021.
- What is the scholarship that I will get ?
Ans. Under the scheme of Maulana Azad Educational Scholarship, the students of class 9th to 10th will get Rs.10,000, and students of class 12th will get Rs.12,000 as the amount of the scholarship.
- Can a Hindu girl also apply for this scholarship ?
Ans. No, you can’t, because as the government guidance only the girls belonging to the minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains can apply for the scholarship.
- Is anyone who has applied for another scholarship can apply for this too ?
Ans. If someone who has applied for another scholarship but has not been selected can apply for this scholarship.
- Is it necessary to renew the scholarship every year ?
Ans. Yes, to get the maximum benefit of the scholarship you have to renew it after every year. It can be done by the help of the MaulanaHazrat Mahal Scholarship website.
- What is the application fees for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship ?
Ans. There is no application fees required to be filled by the students for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.